Truth be told, I fell off the sugar-free wagon. It happened a few weeks after this. People came to visit, vacations took place, and before I knew it, I was eating Toll House chocolate chips out of the bag. (Terribly classy, I know.)
The first few weeks everything was good, I didn’t feel any negative effects from sugar. Until the other day it hit me all at once. My skin became inflamed and I felt like I wanted to crawl out of it. Dramatic? Of course, but it was a clear sign to me. So, after a few more malted milk balls, I hit the kitchen.
I knew going cold turkey wasn’t the time right now. I’m home visiting family who will be celebrating Easter with ALL the candy. The solution – make something that would be just as good, if not better.
This does the trick and bonus, it was approved by my m&m loving family. If that’s not a sign of deliciousness, tell me what is.
1/2 cup of coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup of cacao
1 1/2 tablespoons of brown rice syrup
2 cups of brown rice crisps (these are my favorite)
A Pinch of sea salt
Optional: unsweetened shredded Coconut flakes
1. Mix coconut oil & cacao in a bowl. Add in brown rice syrup and blend till even consistency.
2. Slowly pour in brown rice crisps, stirring along the way. You want the crisps to soak up most of the chocolate. You don’t need the chocolate to be liquid.
3. Place wax paper on a baking sheet and then pour mixture evenly in a thin layer.
4. Sprinkle with sea salt and coconut flakes.
5. Place in freezer for 20 minutes & Enjoy! Bark will melt if left out.